So, our errant little sherpas have made it to Italy. I think I’ve pieced together why they didn’t make it here along with us. Judging by the condition of the contents, they must have undergone some heavy-duty screening, and since our layover was rather short in Philadelphia, a gloved hand was probably still grasping my voltage converter when the cargo doors of our plane were closing.
The longer we were without our luggage, the more we started realizing how much we were missing. I already mentioned the voltage converters, so no shave for Jim today, and no incredibly styled hair for me. Amazingly, this is the first I knew that Jim’s shaver isn’t cordless. But we also realized that our sunscreen and Jim’s hats were in the delayed luggage. Those of you who know Jim, realize the importance of those hats!
We had one tour this morning, which was mainly indoors, so other than sweating in stale clothing, the lack of the items listed above was not too big of a deal. When we returned to our hotel a little after noon, we were overjoyed to learn that our luggage had arrived and was waiting for us in our room. We’re glad that we won’t have to spend the precious hours of our vacation hunting down replacements for the contents.
With our wardrobes restored, second showers of the day were in order and a wonderfully refreshing change of clothes was enjoyed. Of course, the second tour of the day was conducted under a brutal sun, so we were soon wilted, but we were protected by our sunscreen and hats. More about today in a separate post. . .
Italy Blog Posts:
- We’re Off to Italy!
- Who Really Needs Luggage on a Transatlantic Adventure?
- Reunited, and it Feels so Good!
- The Vatican – Best Experienced by Adults!
- The Colosseum: Are You Afraid of Lions?
- Driving in Italy: Oh My!
- Florence/Firenze. Which is it?
- A Twelve-Hour Tuscany Tour
- Out of Florence and into Radda in Chianti
- Isle of Capri: Did I Ever tell You I’m Afraid of Heights?
- Relaxing Day on Capri
- Flat Tire! In Italy?
- A Walk through Troia and through Time
- Troia’s Procession for Patron Saints
- Relatives in Troia and a Tour of a Castle
- Another Festival Wraps Up Our Journey
- No Place Like Home
Suite 101 Articles:
- Preview Italy: Bare Facts
- Preview Italy: Avoid Accidents or Injury by Paying Attention
- Preview Italy: Keeping Children Safe During Visit
Ann Silverthorn (Twitter: @annsilverthorn) is a versatile blogger who also writes about a wide variety of topics in numerous genres, including technology, travel, creative, and grant writing.