I went on a stars’ homes tour on Monday, which originated at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre. In front of the theatre, Superman, The Incredible Hulk, Spiderman, and the clowny thing from Saw posed for pictures. A sign warns that these characters are not affiliated with the Theatre. Our guide said that the Superman character really thinks he’s Superman. He auditioned for the part and was amazed when he wasn’t given the role.
Here are some interesting facts from the tour:
- The Hollywood Walk of Fame contains 3,000 stars in the pavement.
- Brad Pitt dressed as a chicken for El Pollo Loco before he became famous.
- Marlon Brando lived at 12900 Mulholland Drive. Jack Nicholas bought the house next door and gave Brando’s house to his daughter.
- Will Smith lives in Calabasas, CA.
- Britney Spears lives in The Oaks.
- Paris Hilton drives a new periwinkle Bentley convertible.
- Robertson Road is the new Rodeo Drive.
- Beverly Hills is only 3.5 square miles. Its population is 37,000. There are no fast-food joints or billboards in Beverly Hills.
- Here are the names of the stars homes (or gates) we drove by:
- Van Johnson (we met him on Martha’s Vineyard and he raved about how beautiful my kids’ eyes were.)
- Agnes Morehead (Bewitched).
- George Gershwin
- Madonna (though she lives most of the time in England).
- Ronald Reagan
- Michael Douglas
- Dr. Phil – It’s rumored that his wife left him, but that doesn’t look good for the relationship expert, so she allegedly moved back in with him.
- Tom Cruise
- Ringo Starr
- Dinah Shore and Burt Reynolds
- Jennifer Aniston
- Courtney Cox
- David Spade (likes to flip off tour buses)
- Carmen Electra
- Warren Beatty
- Danny Thomas
- Julia Roberts
- Natalie Wood
- Halle Berry
- John Belushi
- Quentin Tarantino
- Billy Idol
- Orlando Bloom
- Will Farrell
- John Barrymore
- Lee Marvin
- Ben Affleck
- Jason Priestly
- Laurence Fishburne
- Bob Barker
Here’s a gallery of photos from the trip.
A Couple of Articles Written for Suite 101:
Ann Silverthorn (Twitter: @annsilverthorn) is a versatile blogger who also writes about a wide variety of topics in numerous genres, including technology, travel, creative, and grant writing.