Me? The Christmas season is my favorite. Here are seven things Christmas gives me the excuse to do each year.
- To find ways to be extra nice, instead of naughty.
- To shop, elbow-to-elbow, among other humans.
- To really look into strangers’ eyes and smile.
- To drive around and see creative light displays.
- To listen to old and new holiday tunes.
- To feast on foods prepared just once a year.
- To spend fleeting time with family and friends.
So, there you have it—seven excuses provided by the Christmas season. What are some of your favorites?
Ann Silverthorn writes about a wide variety of topics in numerous genres. She’s currently working on a biography of William E. Dimorier (1871-1951), a nearly forgotten poet and educator, who dedicated his life to the betterment of young people.